How can I prevent udevd from renaming eth0 to em1

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Oct 17 20:15:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 14:01:25 -0600,
   JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

>So, does anyone have any other suggestion how to
>prevent udevd from renaming eth0 to em1?

Do you have 71-biosdevname.rules in either /etc/udev/rules.d or
/usr/lib/udev/rules.d ? I expect that would run after the persistant
name rule and reset things.

I actually have the opposite issue in that I want to use the biosdevname
names, since eth0 and eth1 have been getting assigned randomnly for a
while now on one of my machines and the renaming ability of the network
initscripts seems to have gone away.