no audio on kernel-3.6.1-1.fc17.x86_64

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Fri Oct 19 06:07:28 UTC 2012

On 10/18/2012 04:15 PM, William Henry wrote:
> Same here. Just updated it and audio input/output on my Lenovo X220 is gone.

I applied the update to 3.6.2-4.fc17.x86_64 and confirmed that I still
didn't have audio.  I had been looking around at bugs, and thought I'd
found some good leads, but found that audio had started working before I
actually got to try some of the debugging steps.

The only thing I know that I did that I can imagine having any effect
was removing .pulse from my home directory, and later rebooting.

I've got working audio now on 3.6.2-4.fc17.x86_64, but I'm not sure what
I did to fix it.