spam and newbies and niceness

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 01:56:55 UTC 2012

Digimer wrote:

> On 10/19/2012 06:23 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 06:01:19PM -0400, David wrote:
>>> I had this 'fixed' about two weeks ago and then you Newbies opened the
>>> sluice gate. Can't fix *your* email? At least please don't re-swan it
>>> for those of us that can.
>> Hey, let's be nice to the newbies. Otherwise, they're just going to go away
>> rather than learning, and learning and sharing is the point of this list.
>
> Big +1.

Quite so. That's a lot of emails for one simple click on the delete
button (or whatever keyboard shortcut you guys use on mainframes with
punchcards ;-)

I'm sure the moderator of this list has been made aware of this spam so
let's try to keeps this list's well earned reputation as one of the
friendliest & helpful on teh Interwebs. (just my opinion. Please don't
shout at me).

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 6.3, Debian Squeeze, Fedora Beefy, OS X Snow Leopard, Ubuntu Precise