X hangs when screen blanks on docked laptop

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sat Oct 20 02:45:56 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-12 at 14:56 -0400, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 10/12/2012 11:32 AM, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > So any idea what I should look for in my userid's configuration files to
> > fix this?
>
> Have you tried comparing the two config files?  I don't know which one's
> the important one, and I don't use Gnome so I can't check it for you but
> I'm sure somebody here will know.  Also, does this happen when you're
> not docked?  The way you write suggests that it doesn't, but it's always
> best to be sure.

[Sorry not to respond sooner, been traveling...]

Well, I posted here hoping to find out what files I need to look in.  I
went through the various config menus and I didn't see anything that was
obviously either the culprit or different.

The problem did happen undocked until I removed the gnome-shell weather
app (at least, I think that's what did it).  Now it only happens when
docked.

--
Matthew Saltzman
Clemson University Math Sciences