NetworkManager causin problems with DNS settings.

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Oct 21 01:31:13 UTC 2012

On 10/21/2012 05:29 AM, Jim wrote:
> On 10/20/2012 04:55 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> Get rid of the PEERDNS setting.
> Getting rid of the PEERDNS setting did not help..

PEERDNS=<answer>, where <answer> is one of the following:

yes — This interface will modify your system's /etc/resolv.conf file entries to use the DNS servers provided by the remote system when a connection is established.

no — The /etc/resolv.conf file will not be changed.

It is possible that the default is "yes" in the absence of the parameter.

Make it  PEERDNS=no.  While I've been lazy as of late and use the GUI.  I have set Method for IPV4 to "Automatic (DHCP) addresses only" which results in the resolv.conf not being touch and the following in the configuration file...

UUID="a8ca1d90-45fd-462c-8162-29093223af83"
NM_CONTROLLED="yes"
BOOTPROTO="dhcp"
DEVICE="p2p1"
ONBOOT="yes"