Whatever happened to Wayland?

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 21 17:05:36 UTC 2012

On 10/21/2012 06:59 PM, Christopher Svanefalk wrote:
[snip]
> I have not been following this closely, but it sure looks interesting.
>
> What would be some key benefits of replacing X with Wayland?

I'm not a developer but my guess is that X's 25 year old codebase is
dragging along a tremendous amount of dead/unused/legacy code while
Wayland is just a couple of years old and does not have that baggage.
There are a fair amount of videos about Wayland and the website can
probably provide you with more information:

http://wayland.freedesktop.org/

Also Wayland is in the Fedora 17 yum repository.

Regards,
Patrick