Whatever happened to Wayland?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 21 17:48:36 UTC 2012

Christopher Svanefalk:
>> What would be some key benefits of replacing X with Wayland?

Tom Horsley:
> Loss of remote display capability? Destruction of compatibility
> for tens of thousands of existing applications? But it is
> shiny and new and written from scratch, so obviously it
> is better.

I think it ought to be mandatory for programmers to read "The Emperor's
New Clothes," plus a tutorial that makes it damn clear what message
you're supposed to take from the story.

Some days you think they've got the same training as the completely
hollow people who work in sales and marketing.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.