Howto: 32 bit skype, working with a webcam, on 64 bit Fedora 17

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Oct 22 09:08:50 UTC 2012

On 10/22/2012 04:24 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 22.10.2012 10:19, schrieb Ed Greshko:
>> Whatever....  UFT-7 isn't widely used....  But if you want to use it go ahead.
>> Must be an Australian thing....  :-) :-)
> special chars in imap folder names as example are UTF-7
> you learn this by implement a dbmail-web-backend :-)
> http://php.net/manual/en/function.imap-utf7-decode.php
>
> also notice http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-7

Actually, the mailbox names use a modified version of UTF-7.  See RFC 3501.  Note the areas where problems with using unmodified UTF-7 is discussed.

My statement was in regards to "email" messages.  Still you get a "crap" vs. "crap" trade-off as shown in another message.  I see many people whining about the message bodies being encoded in base64 or Q-P.  It just doesn't bother me since I've been dealing with that for over 10 years here in Asia and I've got a toolbox that makes life a breeze.