Howto: 32 bit skype, working with a webcam, on 64 bit Fedora 17

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Oct 22 09:20:19 UTC 2012

On 10/22/2012 05:16 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 22.10.2012 11:08, schrieb Ed Greshko:
>> My statement was in regards to "email" messages.  Still you get a
>> "crap" vs. "crap" trade-off as shown in another message.
>> I see many people whining about the message bodies being encoded
>> in base64 or Q-P.  It just doesn't bother me
> well, compare the size of plaintext with base64
>
> 1,4M 2012-10-22 11:15 test.base64
> 1,0M 2012-10-22 11:14 test.txt
>
> have fun on low bandwidth and with IMAp quotas......

Another "strike" against using UTF-7 in emails to this list is that the messages "lose" information in the archives...

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2012-October/425826.html

Now, you tell me how someone trying to get information out of the archives is supposed to grok ...

Make yourself a script to launch skype with a compatibility library

   +ACMAIQ-/bin/bash
   +ACM
   +ACM  force preloading of a 32 bit video for linux 1
   +ACM  compatibility library for video for linux 2

   LD+AF8-PRELOAD+AD0-/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype

CRAP....