Howto: 32 bit skype, working with a webcam, on 64 bit Fedora 17

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Oct 22 10:24:11 UTC 2012

On 10/22/2012 06:18 PM, Tim wrote:
> Tim:
>>> Discouraged by who?  It's supposedly *the* answer to email
> Ed Greshko:
>> Whatever....
> Jerk...

Hummm....  Reduced to name calling.   I thought that beneath you.  :-)

>> UFT-7 isn't widely used....  But if you want to use it go ahead.
> You said it's discouraged.  I've never seen any such comment.  Where do
> you find that advice?

I already gave you the link.....  Contained within http://www.imc.org/imcr-010.html

Even though it is outdated....

FWIW, a stronger reason to not use UTF-7 is, as I've mentioned, is that it doesn't show up well in the archives.  It is stored as direct UTF-7 and can't be read with ease.  The web page is flagged at UTF-8 and even in Firefox you can't change the character set since that isn't one of the selectable options.