NetworkManager causin problems with DNS settings.

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Oct 21 19:04:26 UTC 2012

Am 21.10.2012 20:58, schrieb Jim:
> Setting PEERDNS=no did not help, I guess I will have to uninstall NetworkManager, I unistalled NetworkManager and
> it also uninstalled anaconda.

who needs anaconda on a running setup....
but you could disable it without uninstall

> I can start "network" and get the network up.
> But it won't start after bootup, Why?

because you have to enable it like any other service

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ systemctl disable network.service
network.service is not a native service, redirecting to /sbin/chkconfig.
Executing /sbin/chkconfig network off
[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ systemctl enable network.service
network.service is not a native service, redirecting to /sbin/chkconfig.
Executing /sbin/chkconfig network on