umask in /etc/sysconfig/httpd not being used in Fedora 16, Fedora 17

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Oct 23 13:22:52 UTC 2012

Am 23.10.2012 15:15, schrieb Ron Wagner:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to setup Fedora 17 via boxgrinder as a LAMP server. What I am stuck at is getting apache httpd
> to use a umask of 002. I have added "umask 0002" to /etc/sysconfig/httpd but it doesn't seem to be used. I built a
> Fedora 15 configuration which did use the umask, then tested with Fedora 16 and found it did not work. Is this a
> bug or is there now a different method for setting apache's umask?

[root at rh:~]$ cat /etc/systemd/system/httpd.service
[Unit]
Description=HTTP Server (prefork MPM)
After=network.target named.service

[Service]
Type=forking
EnvironmentFile=/etc/sysconfig/httpd
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/httpd $OPTIONS -k start
ExecReload=/usr/sbin/httpd $OPTIONS -t
ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
ExecStop=/usr/sbin/httpd $OPTIONS -k stop
Restart=always
RestartSec=1
UMask=006

[Install]