logrotate/logwatch error on fc15

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 14:09:04 UTC 2012

>> The script should be written to use 'file' not just parse the extension.
>

> Why?  Just because in <.001% of the time the extension will be wrong? Not
> exactly an efficient use of resources.

Are you in that much of a hurry to get your logwatch reports?

I'd prefer to have a more accurate program than knowingly produce an
incomplete program just because it only affects a small number of
people.

At the least, they should parse the compresscmd to see if it matches
'bzip2', which defaults to producing bz2 extensions.

Thanks,
Alex