F17: Connection of a Kindle Fire HD

antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 07:43:03 UTC 2012

M. Fioretti ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 28/10/2012
08:55:
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 22:46:09 PM -0600, Greg Woods wrote:
>> On Sat, 2012-10-27 at 09:48 +0200, antonio montagnani wrote:
>
>>> Just got a Kindle Fire HD (brand new in my country): when I
>>> connect to my Fedora 17 nothing happens. I get from lsusb:
>>> Bus 002 Device 006: ID 1949:0007 Lab126
>>>
>>> but I don't see any USB drive connected.
>>>
>>> Any help???
>>
>> You can use "calibre" to move books and documents on and off the tablet,
>
> How could he use Calibre, or any other graphical interface for that
> matter, if the system below does NOT see the Kindle in the first
> place?
>
> Marco

Calibre works fine for book transfer: not sure how to transfer music,
movie, images.
If you have an available network, if you install Wifi finder on the
Kindle, you will have full access by http://192.168.1.103:8000/ in
Firefox or alike

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F17 (Beefy Miracle) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com