F17: Connection of a Kindle Fire HD

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Sun Oct 28 15:09:06 UTC 2012

Greg Woods ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 28/10/2012 14:52:
> On Sun, 2012-10-28 at 08:55 +0100, M. Fioretti wrote:
>
>> How could he use Calibre, or any other graphical interface for that
>> matter, if the system below does NOT see the Kindle in the first
>> place?
>
> Because the system DOES see the Kindle, note the lsusb output from the
> OP. It just doesn't see it as a mass storage device, so you can't use
> tools like "cp" to move files back and forth.
>
> I confess I hadn't thought about moving pictures and movies, because I
> just don't use my Kindle for those.
>
> --Greg

I am using Pcsync on the Kindle, then I connect from any Ftp transfer
program to it, and I can manage also photo, and music.

For Fedora users, Calibre on Ubuntu doesn't seem to get the Kindle :-)

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F17 (Beefy Miracle) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com