Fedora hangs driving me nuts, in Windows it works without problems!

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 14:32:26 UTC 2012

>> 2. Problems with the video drivers. Since you did run the memory test,
>> this
>> is the most probable. What graphics card does your system have?
>

> I'd bet on the drivers. I have Core i5-2500k (no additional graphics card,
> just the integrated Intel HD 3000) in my home computer and used to
> experience freezes, too. The freezes were often preceded with screen flicker
> and decrease in video performance. Now in Fedora 18 it's all right again for
> a while now - at the moment, the uptime is nearly 6 days.
> But please don't take this very seriously, I didn't investigate it at all.
> Perhaps there already is a report for this...

I have same CPU (i5-2500k) and same GPU (Sandybridge Intel HD3000), I
looked on bugzilla but couldn't find any open bugs that are related,
if anybody knows of one please share the linl.

Most of the time I work through the day whthout hangs and leave PC
running, but when I return the next day I see that monitor won't turn
back on, but still hdd light blinks from time to time, then I know I
need to do power-cycle to get my PC to work again.
When I investigate the log there is nothing there, but I'll post full
logs, and I just see that logging stopped during the night...

Few times (much less often) Fedora hangs while I'm working, but that
happened only a few times.

How can I troubleshoot intel driver further?