Fedora hangs driving me nuts, in Windows it works without problems!

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Oct 29 16:14:03 UTC 2012

valent.turkovic at gmail.com wrote:
> How can I troubleshoot intel driver further?

Can you try to SSH into the box when it becomes non-responsive?

It could be that your box is stuck in DPMS off mode and the video card
won't wake up. The rest of the machine could be running normally and
allow you to SSH in to see log files that could help you form a bug report.

A workaround, if this is the case, could be to use the Gnome Shell
presentation extension[1] to disable the screen saver. You could
manually power off your monitors when you leave work.

[1] # yum install gnome-shell-extension-presentation-mode