Fedora hangs driving me nuts, in Windows it works without problems!

R. Welsh Robert_Welsh at comcast.net
Mon Oct 29 16:15:06 UTC 2012

I am not familiar with the features of Sandy Bridge architecture, but
there might be a couple of things you could try.  If the system runs
throughout the day and you are experiencing the problem at night, are
there any services you can disable or adjust to see if you can isolate
the cause and maybe keep the system up and running?

1. Power Management - Have you played with the power management features
to see if one of these might be causing the issue?

2. Does the BIOS invoke separate power management that F17 is unaware
of?  If so, can these be disabled?

3. In conjunction with power management, are there any night time
maintenance functions enabled that might be impacted by power
management, which manifests in the manner you are seeing?