Fedora 17 and laptop IBM T42

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Wed Oct 31 15:56:48 UTC 2012

On 10/31/2012 01:32 AM, Rafnews wrote:
> so nothing on USB (here is the lsusb output):
> regarding dmesg output i attached to this message but i don't know if
> forum rules will not block it. It's around 58kb file.

I don't see anything in dmesg, lsusb, or lspci that indicates that a
wireless card is present at all.  The device may not be functional.
Have you ever used it?

You might want to update the laptop's BIOS:

thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.24
thinkpad_acpi: http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/
thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad BIOS 1RETDHWW (3.13 ), EC 1RHT71WW-3.04
thinkpad_acpi: IBM ThinkPad T42, model 23734TG
thinkpad_acpi: WARNING: Outdated ThinkPad BIOS/EC firmware
thinkpad_acpi: WARNING: This firmware may be missing critical bug fixes
and/or important features
thinkpad_acpi: detected a 8-level brightness capable ThinkPad