TB to claws-mail?

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 16:39:49 UTC 2012

On 09/01/2012 07:53 AM, Lailah wrote:

> I think that setting properly your POP account will be enough.
> Your contacts are easily exportable.  Just save them as a VCARD
> addressbook  (or separate VCARD files)  and import them in the new app.
>
> I can't encourage you to make the change.  Time ago I try Claws Mail
> but I didn't like and never try it again.
>
> Exactly, why do you want to change?  What is wrong or what is the lack
> you find in Thunderbird?
>

> You can also try:  Seamonkey (Mozilla),  Evolution  (with calendar and
> other things),  Kmail  (a little tricky but with good features).
>

> /Regards,/
> */Lailah/*

I communicated with a developer of ClawsMail re: importing into claws
all the TB folders and contacts.
He pointed me to http://claws-mail.org/tools.php
There I found
tbird2claws.py    A tool to Integrate a Mozilla Thunderbird mailbox into
Claws Mail
thunderbird-filters-convertor.pl        Convert Thunderbird filter rules
into Claws' filtering rules
csv2addressbook.pl      Import a Thunderbird, Becky, Kmail or GMail
address book

I tried tbird2claws.py and csv2addressbook.pl and neither of them worked.