Fedora NTFS-3G happily writes files with invalid chars in filename?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 19:27:32 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> Have you tried putting quotation marks around the name to keep it from being
> expanded?

Yes, tried everything... wildcards, enclosing it, rename first, move,
rename with wildcards.... nothing works. :-(

And I´m afraid of running CHKDSK because I have tons of stuff there
not backed up, and it wouldn´t be the first time that CHKDSK decides
"oh, there´s a lot of invalid dirs in there, I´ll now happily lose
your data by mangling folder names and destroying the folders layout
while claiming to fix things". ;-)

FC