Linux uncrackable...?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 3 09:39:39 UTC 2012

Tim:

> 1. Asshat creates a virus and releases it
> 2. People get infected
> 3. Anti-virus programmers develop detection/remedies

Fernando Cassia:
> That is as stupid as saying "vaccines and treatment drugs donĀ“t work,
> the damage has been done, other people got sick!".

The point I was making, and it was only one point, was that anti-virus
solutions are after the fact.  They will always be too late for some
people.  And it's a bad approach to securing your computer.  And it's a
stupid thing to rely on.

I didn't say don't do it.  Just that it's really the wrong approach.
And Windows proves it rather well.  With the huge proliferation of
viruses by a system that's continually getting infected by them.  Even
with anti-virus software being used.  And anti-spyware, and other
anti-malware...

You really can't compare human viruses to computer viruses, like that.
We're really not in a position to redesign the human being, at this
point in time.  We've been perfectly capable of designing computers much
better, for a hell of a long time.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686