installing fedora linux on Arnova 10

Martin Airs martin at airs.me.uk
Mon Sep 3 14:40:03 UTC 2012

On Sunday 02 Sep 2012 13:28:31 Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> I have access to a somewhat old (by about 2 years) thoroughly crappy
> Arnova 10 tablet. I wanted to try my hand at installing fedora (or any
> linux distribution for that matter) on Arnova 10. I looked around and
> could not figure out how to do anything. The tablet's box says that its
> minimum OS requirements are MS Windoze XP, Vista and Linux. Does anyone
> have any idea what to do? I would not mind instructions for a dummy
> given that i am so much at a loss!
>
> Best wishes,
> Ranjan

> GET FREE SMILEYS FOR YOUR IM & EMAIL - Learn more at
> http://www.inbox.com/smileys Works with AIM?, MSN? Messenger, Yahoo!?
> Messenger, ICQ?, Google Talk? and most webmails

I'v got a tablet as well I'd love to put linux on, but during my
investigations into the subject there doesn't appear to any graphics drivers
for a tablet screen, which is why the current ubuntu on android uses vnc to
access it.

I figured I might aswell just run a vnc server on my desktop rather than
installing ubuntu on my tablet and vncing into that, i see no difference in
vncing to my desktop or to running ubuntu on my tablet.

i think once theres a proper driver for tablet screens we'll see some activity
in this area

Martin