Locking the screen with ctrl+alt+l

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 3 16:35:03 UTC 2012

On 2012/09/03 01:00, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi, having since some days (??) from time to time the following problem
> on my fully updated F17:
>
> If I lock the screen with ctrl+alt+l, it becomes dark (that's OK), but
> since some days from time to time, the "darkness" disappears, and I see
> the prompt for releasing the screen (as if somebody moves or clicks the
> mouse).
>
> But I'm sure that nobody is touching or moving the mouse, and there's no
> earthquake ;-)
>
> Anybody sees this too?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
>
> https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

That seems to happen on most systems. There are times I can leave
the trackball right on the edge of a movement detection feature so
that even minute vibrations can send a large enough change signal
to the mouse electronics to cause a mouse movement. Once I had the
curiosity that the movement was not symmetrical. The cursor was hard
off to the side of the screen.

{^_^}