how to stop yum update -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Sep 5 08:08:47 UTC 2012

    I've run into this problem before. My ISP appears to have some early
    morning problem and when I start yum update it simply keeps trying
    to find another update. I can live with that and just try again
    later but there is no graceful way to tell yum to stop!

    I logged into a new terminal and tried reboot, the screen went gray
    and it looked like the yum update was still going? Finally had to
    press the computer "Reset."

    I've rebooted this computer four or five times this morning as a result.

    How can I stop the yum update? None of the usual stuff like CTRL+c
    works. This is F-17/64 bit.

    Bob

    --
    http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD