claws-mail 3.8.1 bug

Peter Reed peterreed at gmx.com
Wed Sep 5 14:31:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 17:19:35 +0200
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 06:45:16 -0600, Peter Reed wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 14:39:14 +0200
> > Maurizio Marini wrote:
> >
> > > Fedora 17 x86_64
> > > to reproduce the bug:
> > >
> > > 1. compose
> > > 2. click on from combo box to select another identity
> > > u can select or not something
> > > 3. the body now is readonly
> > > you can't write in anything
> > >
> > > it's only me to have it or others does  ?
> > > in this case i can file a bug
> > > 10x
> > >
> > > -m
> >
> > I can confirm this.
>
> I can't. It's a feature I use regularly.
>
> How long did you wait before deciding that the message text stays
> readonly? Did you try to switch to different IMAP accounts?
> Can you start Claws Mail in a terminal (possibly with --debug option)
> to try whether it prints any warning/error?

Once you switch identities, the mail service you are going to send
the mail from, you are no longer able to compose the mail.  Don't use
imap only pop. Also as aside if you change identities in one mail
compose window all subsequent windows will also be readonly. It stays
this way indefinitely.
Peter