Problem setting keyboard type -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Sep 5 16:35:14 UTC 2012

    I have two F-17 64 bit computers in which once I selected "US
    International" keyboard under Administration > Keyboard that
    selection seems always to come up in reboot although the selection
    has been changed to "US English." That change takes effect once I go
    through the motion of changing it, that is to bring up the GUI menu
    and close it while doing nothing else, it already says US Keyboard
    is selected, apparently "closing" that menu restore the US settings
    until user bobg logs off, when I log on again I have to "fix" the
    keyboard. problem.

    I tried creating a new user "rfg" and logged off/on with the same
    problem.

    Any idea what is wrong?

    Bob

    --