Yum cache memory space -

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Sep 5 17:56:21 UTC 2012

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

>    Perhaps I should have allocated space differently?

Yes. It makes little sense to set hard partitions on root folders on a
desktop system. Allow the Fedora installer to setup default partitions.
There is little reason besides personal preference to choose a custom
partitioning scheme for a desktop/laptop used by one person.

>    Can I just clear /var/cache/yum/x86_64/17/updates/packages? I
>    suspect that if I could it should happen without my help?

# yum clean packages

Please see:
$ man yum
For a full listing of yum commands. There are many.