Screen resolution

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 6 09:05:58 UTC 2012

Timothy Murphy:
>> is there any way of requiring web-pages to use larger fonts?

Tim"
> Some web browsers do let you do that....

Got distracted, and didn't include what I meant to:

There usually are settings to set the default font size, which will be
used with pages that don't set any font sizes, or have used relative
sizing (i.e. bigger or smaller sizes, rather than absolute point or
pixel sizing).

And there may be settings for the minimum font size, and the browser
will not let anything smaller be used.  So if the author specified
anything from 6pt to 12pt text, and your minimum had been set at 14pt
text, their fine print would be 14pt in size.  Only larger than 14pt
text instructions will be obeyed by your browser.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.