claws-mail 3.8.1 bug

Peter Reed peterreed at gmx.com
Thu Sep 6 14:04:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 00:31:50 +0200
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 08:31:35 -0600, Peter Reed wrote:
>
> > Once you switch identities, the mail service you are going to send
> > the mail from, you are no longer able to compose the mail.  Don't
> > use imap only pop. Also as aside if you change identities in one
> > mail compose window all subsequent windows will also be read-only.
> > It stays this way indefinitely.
>
> As pointed out, I cannot reproduce anything like that.
> To be more specific, not even with multiple open compose windows,
> I can reproduce it. All windows here stay active/editable.
>
> Do you run normal GNOME Shell or a different environment?
> Perhaps you could describe the "steps to reproduce" more
> accurately?

I am running KDE on Fedora 17 fully updated although I am running
KDE-testing. The steps to reproduce are easy, open with compose or reply
button and then change the from address and you will not be able to
edit the email. OK, while was writing this email I just happened to
push the from change button, did not change it just pressed the button
and was no longer able to edit the email. Open another compose window
and was able to edit that, closed the new window and was able to edit
the original compose window. Just plain weird.
Peter