kernel floppy driver is broken?

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Fri Sep 7 08:38:12 UTC 2012

When I do (at F17 i686 kernel 3.5.2) high-level FAT floppy disc
format ("mformat a:" which work with /dev/fd0), then mformat process
will remain forever in uninterruptible sleep state, thus is
non-killable. Ejecting floppy not solve this too, and it seems as
machine reboot is only solution (I'd like to mislead).

Although this situation is perhaps induced by some defect on floppy
disc, it seems as floppy driver is broken. Should it have some efect
bugreport this issue, or fd is dead kernel module yet?

Franta Hanzlik