virsh and libvirtd

gary artim gartim at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 16:14:38 UTC 2012

what confuses is that the .XML examples have ipaddresses and the guest has
definitions and the host has definitions. so if you define a fix IP in the
lirtlib .XML should your guest define the same address? would you say the
.XML is the glue between the host and guest and must match? I think the
libvirt examples lack the whole picture, but maybe its just me. I suppose
if the thing just worked I would have cared less and never strived to
understand. I do feel the libvirt doc is well done, maybe i just have holes
in my understanding that would clear this up. gary