Clams.....

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Sep 9 04:20:53 UTC 2012

On 09/08/2012 08:59 PM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
> And I guess THIS is the reason a lot of people won't live
> Windows....because there's just TOO much information to absorb....

I have a friend who's (among other things) a computer and political
columnist.  I've both seen and heard him describe both Linux and Unix as
"guru employment projects."  I've also heard him talk about keeping
various Windows boxes synced by using xcopy with three command-line
switches that most people have never heard of.  I've pointed out to him,
more than once, that he's a Windows/DOS guru, but I don't think he
really believes me.  I'm trying to get him to experiment with Live CDs
so that he can see what Linux is like now without needing to install
anything, but I don't think he's gotten the idea.  Maybe I'll burn him
one or two and ask him to try them.