Clams.....

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 04:36:30 UTC 2012

On 09/09/2012 12:20 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 09/08/2012 08:59 PM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
>> And I guess THIS is the reason a lot of people won't live
>> Windows....because there's just TOO much information to absorb....
>
> I have a friend who's (among other things) a computer and political
> columnist.  I've both seen and heard him describe both Linux and Unix
> as "guru employment projects."  I've also heard him talk about keeping
> various Windows boxes synced by using xcopy with three command-line
> switches that most people have never heard of.  I've pointed out to
> him, more than once, that he's a Windows/DOS guru, but I don't think
> he really believes me.  I'm trying to get him to experiment with Live
> CDs so that he can see what Linux is like now without needing to
> install anything, but I don't think he's gotten the idea.  Maybe I'll
> burn him one or two and ask him to try them.
Well the more the merrier I say! I for one am going to start literally
LIVING in cyberspace, combing through every link....site......every
1980's "scroll" of information I can find so that I can enhance my
"Linux-skills" to levels unheard of.....in my household only! Because
I'm sure I would need at least _*five*_ lifetimes to get to the level of
mastery some of you folks have displayed here!....LoL!

EGO II