Clams.....

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Sep 9 05:49:45 UTC 2012

On 09/08/2012 10:11 PM, Roger wrote:
> Wow! You understand the indecipherable -- Regedit, wow,  Linux is easy
> after that!

Back when I was doing tech support for an ISP, I kept a shortcut to
Regedit on my desktop.  Of course, after a few months, I almost never
used it (or had callers back up the registry, most of the time) because
I knew exactly where to look and what needed to be done.  And, I knew
when you had to reboot to make the changes take effect.  What I never
did manage to learn, however, is why you could only change certain
settings in Outlook by regedit, even though there was a place in the
settings that *claimed* to change them or why you had to restart Windows
before Outlook would admit there'd been changes.