Post install customization

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 10 11:25:44 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-09-10 at 10:41 +0100, Sophie Sperner wrote:
> Now, I did *yum remove gnome-online-accounts* but the item "Online
> Accounts" is still appearing in the user menu on the right side of the
> gnome panel when you click the quick-quit button. I thought a little
> and did (with intent to hide the "Online Accounts" using already
> installed extension that works with the user menu):
>
> cd ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/Shut_Down_Menu at rmy.pobox.com/
> vim extension.js

For what it's worth, when you yum install or remove something, that
takes care of the files that are installed in the system.  It doesn't
touch anything in your user homespace (i.e. inside ~/ is yours, not
theirs).

I can't directly help with your problem, as I've not dabbled in that
area.  But you could try creating another test user account, and seeing
what's in that extension.js file, inside their account.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.