Japanese fonts for romaji input

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Sep 10 23:46:52 UTC 2012

Hello,

  There are many nice fonts for rendering kanji characters.
Unfortunately the ones that I got so far does not work with the standard
ibus anthy romaji input.  Many render the resulting kanji as a square,
no matter what.  They are mapped directly to the keyboard keys and so
are useless.  Also, I have noticed that Gimp text input does not seem
to work with ibus/anthy - is this a configuration issue ?

  What are the nice stylistic Japanese fonts out there that can be used
with romaji input ?  What is the method ?  Are the words typed as usual
using the basic Fedora Japanese support and ibus/anthy, and then
selected and changed to other style of fonts ?  I would like to use
libreoffice primarily, but if it works with Gimp that would be also
nice.

ありがとうございます!