Corrupted Repo?.....

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Thu Sep 13 09:23:55 UTC 2012

On Thursday 13 September 2012 09:45:10 Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
> On 09/13/2012 03:12 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> >>
> >> You will notice
> >>
> >> enabled=0
> >
> > Cat hit send....   To finish...
> >
> > Try enabling it and see if it "works"
>
> Thanks everyone! After taking heed to Mr. Greshko's observation, I
> enabled the repo and the minute I did, I was able to update and
>  install just about EVERYTHING! I'm curious though as to how that
>  particular file became the "default" file. I never installed
>  Google Chrome Google Earth or anything Google related as far as I
>  can tell. Thanks again!
>

> EGO II

Can't see how the initial google.repo file got there unless you
installed some google app.

Anyway did the update update any google apps.

Try rpm -qa --last | more

This will give you a list of recently installed rpms by date. So you
should be able to spot if any were updated.

Check the /etc/yum.repos.d directory. Are there any google.repo files
there now other than the one you put there.

You can leave the repo enabled. It will only update google apps.

Tony