Why did they f*ck with GIMP?

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Sep 14 18:27:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 07:58:07PM -0300, Lailah wrote:

>    El jue, 13-09-2012 a las 15:41 -0400, Fedora User escribió:
>
> People must have too much time on their hands. Add some features; maybe
> clean up some code. But why on earth make major UI changes to a program
> that consistently did exactly what it was supposed to do exactly as it
> was supposed to do it - - - and now doesn't. Ugh!
>
>    Could you be more specific, please?  I don't find anything strange on Gimp
>    but the lack of FX-Foundry plugins pack.
>    Thanks!
>    Lailah

because there's been a LOT of whining from many people about the multi-
window interface. Allegedly it alienates Photoshop users, preventing
them from being willing to learn to  use Gimp (and Linux, et al.)

Not sure I buy it, but that's the reasoning as I understand it.

                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.