Why did they f*ck with GIMP?

Lailah lailahfsf at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 17:20:02 UTC 2012

El vie, 14-09-2012 a las 17:49 -0400, Fedora User escribió:

> On Fri, 2012-09-14 at 14:27 -0400, fred smith wrote:
> > because there's been a LOT of whining from many people about the multi-
> > window interface. Allegedly it alienates Photoshop users, preventing
> > them from being willing to learn to  use Gimp (and Linux, et al.)
> >
> > Not sure I buy it, but that's the reasoning as I understand it.
> >
> Well that's not my kvetch. GIMP has always had a wonderful multi-window
> interface and I have been using it since - probably - pre-Fedora. Over
> the last few releases they have markedly changed the interface and
> methodology without any improvement. The tool-box window has now been
> shrunk and no longer displays all of the information that it used to. I
> have yet to figure out how to do things that I used to do - easily - for
> years. I also don't like the fact that it now defaults to xcf. Perhaps
> someone else can explain this change better than I can. In simple terms,
> if I open a jpg, edit and then do a ctl-s, it no longer brings up the
> jpg dialog. The text dialog is completely different and almost
> impossible because the new pop-up obscures the text area. The fill tool
> no longer fills an area of a photo properly (it fills contiguous
> shapes). You can no longer type a wrapped line of text and have it
> centered. I could go on . . .

Oh!  I agree with the format stuff.  Why they don't let me choose what
format by default I want?  Why, if I edit a jpg, I have to save it as a
xcf?
Is very annoying.
But I don't call it  "fsck with Gimp".  I call it a bug.
If I knew how to ask for an enhancement for Gimp, I'll happily do it.

Regards,
Lailah