Knode sync

Timothy Murphy tim at localhost.localdomain
Sun Sep 16 11:55:04 UTC 2012

Tim wrote:

>>> One approach:  Run knode on the server, access it over SSH.
>>>
>>> Simple, brute force, effective.

>> when I run knode on my server through ssh I get the error
>> -------------------------------
>> [tim at rose ~]$ ssh grover knode
>> <unknown program name>(26507)/: Cannot find the D-Bus session server
>> -------------------------------
>> However, if I just run "ssh grover"
>> and then run knode on grover, all works fine.

> Try using -x or -y options with the ssh command.  It's the usual culprit
> when you want to use a graphical tool over ssh.

Thank you very much.
You were quite right - after changing the command to
  ssh -Y grover knode
all works well.

I'm using this method now, with a KDE button
(created by right-clicking on the K icon)
to start knode on my server.

There are one or two quirks to iron out,
but they are probably due to the fact that knode is running under CentOS,
the OS of my server.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net