GRUB2 Default Partition

G.Wolfe Woodbury redwolfe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 01:36:17 UTC 2012

On 09/16/2012 08:59 PM, Mike Dwiggins wrote:
> Does anyone know how to change the default boot partition in GRUB2. I
> have stared at the setups until my eyes crossed and cannot find it.
>
> Of course it is probably so obvious I will Kick myself.
set root=(hd0,msdos1)

will often do the thing, may need to change the numbers.  These are
often hidden inside a
grub2 find statement.
This sets the boot partition, and names used in the "linux" kernel;
specification are given
in realation to this root.

Then in the "linux" kernel line, the root=/dev/sd?? is used to set the
system root.

    linux vmlinxuz-<whatever> ro root=/dev/sda3 [<options>]*

HTH

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury