F16 => F17 PreUpgrade Invalid Device ID Dumps to dracut Shell

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Sep 17 14:59:33 UTC 2012

Around about 17/09/12 15:30, bhanks at bhanks.net typed ...
> I've searched all over and not found any reference to this exact
> problem.  Any ideas?

   I had grub issues after an upgrade (DVD-based, though), and mine was down
(among *many* other things) to a stuffed /boot/grub2/device.map, which I
then had to re-create from grub2-mkdevicemap (all done from a recovery-boot
off an install DVD, chroot'ed into /mnt/sysimage).

   I learnt (& have since forgotten, before you ask!) far more about grub2
than I wanted that weekend ...

http://fnxweb.com/blog/2012/06/21/pain-with-grub2-when-upgrading-from-fedora-14-to-fedora-16/

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature