Clamd and systemd

Arthur Dent misc.lists at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 16:38:15 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-09-17 at 11:04 +0200, Zdenek Pytela wrote:
> Arthur Dent pise:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Has anyone got a simple walkthrough for configuring clamd and getting it
> > working with systemd on F17?
> >
> > I am getting lost in the myriad of <SERVICE> and PID (etc. etc.) things
> > I have to change and .conf files I have to edit and move...
> >
> > In particular, what am I supposed to do with
> > the /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd at .service file?
> 	Not to touch ;-). Just run
> systemctl enable clamd.scan.service
> systemctl start clamd.scan.service

Hi - Thanks for that, but I'm afraid that was one of the very many
things I tried. It didn't work.

# systemctl enable clamd.scan.service
Failed to issue method call: No such file or directory

What tells it that it is a "scan" service? That bit of the puzzle seems
to be missing...

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Mark