Why did they f*ck with GIMP?

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 03:47:40 UTC 2012

On 09/17/2012 07:24 AM, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-09-17 at 09:21 +1000, Roger wrote:
>> Alienating Photoshop users is an entirely different subject, not
>> related to Gimp single or multi screen use. It really should not be
>> part of this discussion. It implies that they have a mental block
>> prevention from learning new ways. I do not believe that to be the
>> case. Photoshop users will not and have no reason to change. They are
>> happy with their expensive image manipulation software.
>> There are millions of new users out there who do not want photoshop
>> and it is those who need to be told about Gimp. They will learn multi
>> window quickly.
> Tallies with my feelings...  I've tried Photoshop, and absolutely hated
> the way it worked.  When it comes to software, I want an alternative,
> not a clone.  Generally speaking, I chose alternatives because I want
> something that works differently, cost isn't the main concern, except
> for ridiculously expensive software.

I myself have never used either Photoshop.....only because it has seemed
to me to be overly complicated, I've only recentl started to use GIMP
and the more I dabble with it, the more I find it utterly indispensable
for touching up graphics wnd the like. I would have to agree with
you...it IS a great alternative...prices for software not withstanding!

EGO II