xorg.conf and Nouveau

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 19 06:02:07 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 17:17 -0400, Jim wrote:
> I have a computer that defaults to 1920x1080 and that resolution is to
> high, and I have a older friend that will be using this computer and I
> want to Lock into 1280x1024x75

There's at least two ways to do it:

Increase the font sizes, leave the resolution at what it is (which is
important with LCD panels, which do not scale well - you end up with
fuzzy hard to read text, compared to larger and clearly defined text).

In the personal preferences for the user, select the resolution that
they'll use.  Rather than try to change the system settings.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.