cd reader external

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Wed Sep 19 16:50:18 UTC 2012

On 09/19/2012 05:18 AM, Patrick Dupre uttered this comment:
> Hello,
>
> Can I use (mount?) a cd reader from another computer?
> Both computers are on internet, In aother words can I do a
> mount 122.255.988.10:/dev/cdrom or similar?

Not really. You can ssh to the remote box, mount the media on the
remote box, then export that mount from the remote box via NFS or CIFS.

On your local box, you'd mount the export from the remote box using the
appropriate mechanism (NFS or CIFS).
-   I haven't lost my mind.  It's backed up on tape somewhere, but   -
-                       probably not recoverable.                    -