Loosing the keyboard

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Wed Sep 19 20:04:30 UTC 2012

I'm running Xfce on Fedora 17. Every so often (daily?) I loose the
keyboard. Mouse works fine.  I've been trying to discover what
process is running before loss but not after. The only processes that
I've been able to identify are kworkers.

Are there any suggestions as to what the cause might be?

The only processes that I can identify from ps before and after are
kworkers, most often (but not exclusively) is [kworker/0:2] Is there
any way to identify what the kworkers are assigned to? (The problem has
continued over several kernels)

Logout-login cures the problem.

Thanks.