Loosing the keyboard

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Fri Sep 21 00:58:28 UTC 2012

Thanks to all who replied, especially the snark.

I'm replying this way because mailings from the list have been
disabled. Excessive bounces, they say.

the system in question is a laptop, so there's only one kbd, and its
not USB.

The problem is that for no apparent reason typing on the kbd does not
produce and input to, say, gnome-terminal. This happens with any app
that accepts kbd input. It does not apply to the mouse.

Logout-login (via GDM) cures the problem, until the next time, so the
kbd is not broken.

Pointers to bugzilla and fedora forum are much appreciated. I'll try
the workarounds suggested.