Print Job Not getting to Printer

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Fri Sep 21 23:56:11 UTC 2012

On 09/21/2012 04:21 PM, Jim issued this missive:
> On 09/21/2012 07:07 PM, Jim wrote:
>> Fedora 17    Samsung CLX3175FX,  CLX3170 Series driver.
>>
>> The driver for this printer does work in Fedora 17 on about ten other
>> boxes with Fedora 17.
>>
>> But not on this HP Pavilion S5510F PC, in Fedora 17 , I had it working
>> on Fedora 15.
>>
>> Here is some simple commands I have run and the printer in seen .
>>
>>  The Router even sees the printer at 192.168.1.127.
>>
>> Cupsd is running in Services.
>>
>> The Printer will print using my laptop with Fedora 17 installed on
>> same Network
>>
>> Job 12 is in print Queue but is Stopped.
>>
>> root at BigOne mickey# lpq
>> Samsung-CLX-3170 is ready
>> Rank    Owner   Job     File(s)                         Total Size
>> 1st     mickey  12      (stdin)                         5120 bytes
>>
>> root at BigOne mickey# lpq -P Samsung-CLX-3170
>> Samsung-CLX-3170 is ready
>> Rank    Owner   Job     File(s)                         Total Size
>> 1st     mickey  12      (stdin)                         5120 bytes
>>
>> root at BigOne mickey# lpq mickey
>> Samsung-CLX-3170 is ready
>> Rank    Owner   Job     File(s)                         Total Size
>> 1st     mickey  12      (stdin
>

> Here is a copy of  fpaste of the troubleshoot.txt file.
>
> http://www.fpaste.org/iDCO/

Try, as root,

	cupsaccept Samsung-CLX-3170
	cupsenable --release Samsung-CLX-3170

It looks like your spooler isn't accepting jobs or the the queue isn't
enabled. "lpstat -t" can give you a lot of info.
-   Let us think the unthinkable. Let us do the undoable. Let us     -
-   prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may  -
-                      not eff it up after all.                      -
-                                                 -- Douglas Adams   -